In our quest to be the leader in drug discovery services, we also offer our evaluation of compounds in in vivo studies in multiple species such as rats, mouse, and dogs. These in vivo studies will be an integrated part of our medicinal chemistry efforts for our customers, who need an extensive package.
We offer services in the following areas:
- As a first step, we offer our services in evaluating compounds in various formulations, both solution as well as suspension dosing in various species.
- Abbreviated as well as full blown PK studies in multiple species.
- In conjunction with our in vitro studies we will study correlative aspects between the in vitro and in vivo metabolism of analogs to increase throughput and help lower cost.
- Develop a PK/PD relationship that would help determine ED50 for the target of interest and concomitant monitoring of in vivo activity for PD markers by immunohistochemisty.
- Dose escalation studies in rats or dogs with the potential for follow up in the 7- and 28-day tox studies in rats/dogs that would help plan for Phase I and in some cases Phase IIa clinical trials.
- For companies that don’t have in-house pk expertise, we will work with them to develop a robust plan to move compounds into the preclinical/clinical stage.