The metabolism of glucose is linked to diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Our in vivo profiling services such as Glucose Metabolism Service is equipped to measure glucose metabolism measured in mice and rats under minimum stress. The results obtained provide information about mechanism of action, drug safety, drug validation and possible further research and development with clinical implications. The Biology Service provides a wide variety of services for analyzing metabolism in animal models, isolated tissue and tissue culture with support for preclinical development towards candidate selection.
We offer services in the following areas:
- Oral glucose tolerance test – Study the effect of a drug on glucose disposal and glucose production under conditions that simulate the fed state.
- Insulin tolerance test – Determines the effect of a drug on insulin-mediated glucose disposal and glucose production.
- Hormone and cytokine assays – Circulating markers of diabetes and inflammation.
- Signal Transduction – Identification of cell signaling pathways in tissues of interest by western blot analysis.
- HPLC, GCMS and LC MS/MS – Identification of parent compound and circulating metabolites.